If you’re taking time to read this blog post, thank you for giving up what most marketers are considering their biggest challenge for 2018 – time.
Recently, ClearVoice (a collaborative content management platform), surveyed 1000 marketers to find out their biggest challenges for 2018.
The top 4 results were:
- Content Production
- Establishing Crediblity
- Abundance of Marketing Channels
Lack of time impacted content marketing the heaviest. Concerns ranged from:
- Time to curate it all
- Finding the time to create it
- Having too many ideas, not enough time
- Finding time to research and write the content
- Developing valuable content in the most effective time
- Finding the time to handle all the phases of content marketing!
- Needing to take nascent content strategy from zero to 60 in less than a year
It’s no wonder that the challenge of time and content production are tied so closely. Every marketing organization knows they are only as strong as their current content marketing inventory but coming up with original ideas that are valuable on a continual basis can be tough.
In the survey, 51 percent of marketers cite content quality as the biggest challenge to establishing credibility. This is why it’s so important that content is genuine, especially in niche industries. That kind of credibility and passion is necessary to transform content into lead conversions.
And in a double-edged sword, marketers now have more channels than ever to reach audiences. But has it become too many? There are still not enough efficient ways to distribute content to hit constantly growing channels.
So what’s the solution?
According to the 2018 B2C Content Marketing Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends - North America, marketers can achieve success with the following:
- Organizational support, as evidenced by commitment to content, a documented strategy, and budget.
- Practical thinking, as evidenced by realistic expectations and a focus on quality.
- Robust process, as evidenced by strong project management, and enough time to create good content marketing.
With these goals in the back of everyone’s mind, it seems that time can be spent much more wisely.